Prep: 15 minutes plus cooling
Bake: 15 minutes • Serves: 12
1/4 cup Our Family® 100% Pure Olive Oil
1 log (8 ounces) goat cheese, softened
2 tablespoons Our Family® Pure Honey plus additional for garnish (optional)
2 teaspoons orange zest
4 medium oranges
1/4 cup finely chopped roasted salted shelled pistachios
Chopped fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place baguette slices in single layer on rimmed baking pan; brush both sides of baguette slices with oil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp; cool completely.
2. In medium bowl, stir cheese, honey and orange zest. Makes about 1 cup.
3. Slice off ends of oranges; place cut side down on cutting board. Slice down sides of oranges to remove skin and white pith with paring knife. Working with 1 orange at a time, hold orange over small bowl; gently cut along sides of membranes to release each segment. (You should have about 36 orange segments.)
4. Spread crostini with cheese mixture; top with orange segments and pistachios. Makes about 36 crostini.
5. Serve crostini drizzled with honey garnished with thyme, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (3 crostini):
225 Calories, 13g Fat, 5g Saturated Fat, 15mg Cholesterol, 250mg Sodium,
20g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 6g Sugars, 3g Added Sugars, 8g Protein