Prep: 20 minutes plus soaking
Grill: 30 minutes • Serves: 8
2 pounds russet potatoes, scrubbed (about 4 potatoes)
6 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sriracha chili sauce
1-1/2 cups shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 small red onion, halved and chopped
1 cup chopped kimchi
Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Line 1 rimmed baking pan with paper towel; line second rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil and brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Working with 1 potato at a time, slice a thin layer from narrow end of potato; stand potato, flat side down, on cutting board. Cut potato into 1/4-inch-thick slices; stacking 2 slices at a time, cut slices into 1/4-inch-thick sticks. Rinse sticks under cold water; transfer to large bowl, add cold water and soak 15 minutes.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon; cook 8 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
3. In medium bowl, whisk mayonnaise and sriracha; cover and refrigerate. Makes about 1/2 cup.
4. Drain sticks; place on paper towel-lined pan and pat dry with paper towel. Transfer sticks to large bowl; add remaining 1/4 cup oil and toss. Spread sticks on oil-coated pan and place pan on hot grill rack; cover and cook 12 minutes. Turn sticks and rotate pan; cover and cook 10 minutes, turning sticks and rotating pan halfway through cooking. Sprinkle fries with cheese, onion, kimchi and bacon; cover and cook 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes about 6 cups.
5. Serve fries drizzled with mayonnaise mixture garnished with cilantro, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (3/4 cup):
303 Calories, 20g Fat, 5g Saturated Fat, 22mg Cholesterol, 585mg Sodium,
23g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 3g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 10g Protein