Click to See How-To Video!
Greek Salmon-Quinoa Bowl with Tzatziki
Prep: 25 minutes plus marinating
Bake: 25 minutes • Serves: 4
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
3/4 cup Our Family® Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup grated and drained cucumber
1/4 cup Our Family® 100% Pure Olive Oil
4 salmon fillets, thawed if necessary (about 5 ounces each)
1/4 teaspoon Our Family® Salt
1/4 teaspoon Our Family® Pure Ground Black Pepper
1 (8-1/2-inch) pita bread round
1 cup dry quinoa
1 cup packed baby spinach
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup drained and rinsed reduced sodium garbanzo beans
1/2 cup halved Our Family® Grape Tomatoes
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
1. In medium bowl, whisk garlic, lemon juice and dill. Makes about 1/3 cup.
2. In medium bowl, stir yogurt, cucumber and 1 tablespoon garlic mixture; cover and refrigerate. Makes about 1 cup.
3. Whisk oil into remaining garlic mixture. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon in large zip-top plastic bag; pour garlic-oil mixture over salmon. Seal bag, pressing out excess air; refrigerate at least 2 or up to 4 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350°; line rimmed 2 baking pans with parchment paper. Place bread on 1 prepared pan; bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Cool bread 5 minutes; break into small pieces. Makes about 1 cup.
5. In medium saucepot, prepare quinoa as label directs. Stir in spinach; cover to keep warm. Makes about 3 cups.
6. Remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade. Place salmon on second prepared pan; bake 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°.
7. Divide quinoa mixture into 4 bowls; top with salmon, cheese, beans, tomatoes, onion, bread and yogurt mixture. Makes 4 bowls.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 bowl):
592 Calories, 24g Fat, 6g Saturated Fat, 108mg Cholesterol, 544mg Sodium,
46g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 4g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 48g Protein